Getting and staying fit can be a challenge. For many babes, it's hard just to get up off the couch. So below I have shared some of my secrets to manage to make exercise a way of life!
1. Be Consistent
The difference between my success and others who have struggled is that I did what I needed to. No workout or eating plan the world works if you don't do it consistently.
2. Follow an Effective Exercise Routine
Here are my top three suggestions:
- Strength training: Even 20 minutes a day 2-3 times a week will help tone your entire body.
- Interval training: This might involve walking for two minutes, running for two, and alternating this pattern throughout the duration of a workout. It is an extremely time-efficient and productive way to exercise.
- Increased cardio: I suggest 30 minutes or more a day of low- to moderate-intensity physical activity, such as walking, running, or dancing.
3. Set Realistic Goals
Don't strive for perfection or an unrealistic goal that can't be met. Focus on increasing healthy behaviours.
In other words, don't worry if you can't run a 5K just yet. Make it a habit to walk 15 minutes a day, and add time, distance, and intensity from there.
4. Use the Buddy System (or the Vixens)
Find a friend or relative whom you like and trust who also wants to establish a healthier lifestyle. Encourage one another. Exercise together. Use this as an opportunity to enjoy one another's company and to strengthen the relationship.
5. Make Your Plan Fit Your Life
Too busy to get to the gym? Make your plan fit your life. You don't need fancy exercise gear and gyms to get fit.
If you've got floor space, try simple floor exercises to target areas such as the hips and booty, legs and quads, and chest and arms (like push-ups, squats, and lunges). Aim for 10-12 repetitions of each exercise, adding more reps and intensity as you build strength.
6. Be Happy
Be sure to pick an activity you actually enjoy doing. If you hate weights, don't go to the gym. You can lose weight and get in shape with any type of training or activity. And choose something that is convenient. Rock climbing may be a great workout, but if you live in a city, it's not something you'll be doing every day.
7. Watch the Clock
Your body clock, that is. Try to work out at the time you have the most energy. If you're a morning person, schedule your fitness activities early in the day; if you perk up as the day goes along, plan your activities in the afternoon or evening. Working out while you have the most energy will yield the best results.
8. Be Patient
Finally, remember that even if you follow all these tips, there will be ups and downs, setbacks and victories. Just be patient, and don't give up. Hang in there, and you'll see solid results.